Terms & conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Terms and Conditions: the general terms and conditions applicable to the Retreats, Workshops, Intensives, Masterclasses, Affiliated Retreats and Teacher Trainings (“Events”) organized by Company, (‘Company’)
- Booking form: The booking form of Company provided through our website has to be filled out by the participant prior to the event.
- Company official address is:
Yoga retreats doo, Krešimirova 42, 21251 Zrnovnica, Croatia, OIB 20498728782
5. Participant: the person who attends or wishes to or is attending the Events organized by Company
6. Price: the total price of an Event, including the Deposit.
7. Retreat: a yoga retreat organized by Company
8. Teacher: the yoga teacher who has been contracted by Company to teach yoga classes during the event.
9. Website: the website of Company
2.Scope of Application
The General Terms and Conditions apply to all Events
By participating in an Event of Company participants agrees to the applicability
Company may from time to time amend these General Terms and Conditions. The most recent version of the Terms and Conditions is always the version that is applicable and is always available at the Website.
The schedule of the retreat is mentioned in the information document of the specific retreat on the Website. Company reserves the right to change the schedule of the Event at any time before or during the retreat.
Company serves the right to substitute the teacher at the Event or reschedules the event due to sickness or force majeure that causes the original teacher to not be available on the scheduled dates.
5. Reservation & Payment
A Participant may participate in an Event after he or she has registered for it with Company online in advance and paid the full price. A place in the Event is guaranteed after Company has received payment of the Price or the Deposit.
For some Events, an “Early Bird Rate” applies. This reduced rate applies until the date and for the number of participants specified on the Website. After this date and/or after reaching the maximum number of participants that this rate can apply to is reached, the normal rate, which is also specified on the Website, applies without exception.
Company reserves the right to change the prices. Discounts offered on Events after the participant completed his/her booking and payment make them no longer eligible for the specific discount.
To reserve your place on the retreat please complete the reservation booking form and submit it together with the non-refundable deposit for the retreat.
Payments must be made through the Company booking platform. Final balances are due at least 40 days before the retreat start date.
For reservations made within 30 days of the retreat start date, full payment is required when the booking is made, reservation is accepted. If payment of the balance of the retreat price is not received by Company by the required date, we will assume you will not be participating in the retreat and cancellation charges apply according these terms.
6. Your Obligations as a Retreat Participant
Follow all necessary COVID-19 Safety Protocols and provide documentation if required by Company and or its partners.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure you receive any and all digital correspondence sent by Company and the booking system.
Understand the conditions implied in the activity level of your selected retreat.
Select a retreat that is appropriate to your interests and abilities.
Prepare for the retreat by familiarizing yourself with the retreat itinerary and preparation materials provided by Company. Bring appropriate gear and clothing as advised by Company. Follow considerate standards of personal hygiene to reduce risk of contracting diseases. Follow considerate social behaviour with other trip participants and respect their habits. Act in an appropriate and courteous manner befitting the customs of places you visit. Respect the places we visit by using environmentally safe products, staying on establishedroutes of travel, and not littering.
7. Health and Fitness Requirements.
You must be in good physical and mental health to participate in the retreat. If you have any medical or psychological conditions, it is important you let us know well before departure so we can make extra arrangements if necessary. The retreat is not intended for medical or therapeutic purposes. Company is not a medical facility and therefore has no responsibility regarding medical advice or medications that you or your doctor deem necessary for your safe participation. You are strongly encouraged to consult with a physician to ensure that you are in adequate health to safely participate in the retreat. Our retreats may take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Medical expenses will be your responsibility, so Company strongly encourages and recommends carry comprehensive health insurance and that foreign traveller purchase travel insurance with a comprehensive medical policy. Additionally, Company and its retreat leaders reserve the right at any time to refuse a participant the right to participate in the retreat if retreat leaders feel you are mentally or physically incapable to attend or continue and/or if a trip member’s continued participation jeopardizes the group’s or their own safety. Under these circumstances, refunds are not given.
8.COVID-19 Safety Policy
Company and its partners take COVID-19 seriously and will be striving to ensure safety for all guests. It is your responsibility to learn about the COVID-19 Safety Policy outlined for your specific retreat and tender any and all necessary documentation.
We strongly encourage and recommend that you take precautions in the ten (10) days prior to your retreat to reduce the risk of a positive COVID-19 test. Please do not make the journey to your retreat if you’re feeling unwell for any reason.
Company is not responsible for any delays or cancellations due to your lack of proper travel documents, including proof of vaccination, COVID-19 test results, and other documents that may be required by the retreat venue.
We strongly encourage and recommend the purchase of travel insurance and it is your responsibility to make sure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the retreat in respect to illness, injury, death, loss of personal items, cancellation, and curtailment.
10. Cancellations by Participant
In the event that the retreat is not cancelled, but you have chosen not to join the retreat for any reason, including COVID-19, the following policy will apply:
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Fifty (50) percent of remaining balance must be paid sixty (60) days before retreat start date.
- Total remaining balance must be paid thirty (30) days before retreat start date.
If you decide to cancel your trip, the following fees apply and are due at the time (prior to departure) we receive written notice of your cancellation.
-More than 60 days before retreat start date, 100 percent of your payment previously made may be applied to another retreat.
-30-59 days before retreat start date, 75 percent of any payment previously made may be applied to another retreat, excluding your deposit. You will forfeit 25 percent of the price of your retreat, excluding the deposit. Example: If your retreat cost is $1000.00 with a $300.00 deposit, and you’ve paid in full, $525.00 may be applied toward a future retreat.
-15-29 days before retreat start date, 25 percent of your payment previously made may be applied to another retreat, excluding your deposit. You will forfeit 75 percent of the price of your retreat. Example: If your retreat cost is $1000.00 with a $300.00 deposit, $175.00 may be applied toward a future retreat.
-If you cancel 14 days or less before retreat start date, you will forfeit your entire payment.
Company does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips, or trek arrangements. Trip price is quoted as a package; credits are not given for services not used.
12. Changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay by Company.
Company reserves the right to make reasonable changes in the itinerary where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of retreat participants. Company reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the retreat if, in the absolute and sole discretion of Company, it is necessary to do so due to conditions that may be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions such as COVID-19, weather, political, military, terrorist or otherwise or any other reason considered necessary by Company. Company also reserves, in its absolute and sole discretion, the right to cancel any retreat due to any material change in any government travel warning or advisory. If the designated trip leader is unable to lead the trip for any reason, Company, in its absolute and sole discretion, will enlist another trip leader of substantially similar qualifications to lead the retreat. In the event of any change, postponement, cancellation, or delay, you acknowledge that you will have no right to full refund of the retreat price and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation, postponement or delay.
In the event that a retreat must be cancelled due to a COVID-19 related reason, Company
reserves the right to postpone said retreat. In this case, participants will have two options:
1) Postpone: Participants will have the option to apply all payments made for the previous booking toward the same retreat on future dates.
2) Cancel: Participants will have the option to cancel and receive a full refund, excluding the deposit.
13. Cancellation Due to Retreat Booking Numbers.
Company reserves the right to cancel any retreat prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked in which case you will be given a full refund of any and all payments, including the deposit, made to Company. Company strongly encourages and recommends that you purchase your flight after your retreat is confirmed, which will be no more than thirty (30) days prior to retreat start date.
You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage, either direct or consequential, or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation, including but not limited to flights, flight cancellation and reservation fees). Company strongly encourages and recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
Company reserves the right to use photographs or videos from the retreat for promotional purposes. By making a reservation with Company, you agree to allow your image to be used in such photography. If you prefer that your image not be used, please notify the Company in writing before the retreat commences and we will not use your image.
15. Force Majeure.
If Company and retreat leaders are prevented from performing any of their obligations under this Agreement by acts of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, weather, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or for any other cause whatsoever outside Company and retreat leader’s reasonable control, Company and retreat leader will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may either cancel or postpone the retreat.
16. Assumption of Risk.
You acknowledge that travel involves potential exposure to dangers and hazards, including equipment failures and negligence, and as a consequence of these risks, you may be seriously hurt or disabled or may die from the resulting injuries, and that your property may also be damaged. In the locations in which many of our retreats are held, standards of accommodation, transport, hospital facilities, qualified health care, hygiene, safety, and service may be limited and may require flexibility and patience on your part. Company assumes no responsibility for providing medical care during the retreat. You assume full responsibility for any costs related to medical care and/or evacuation that
you incur. You further acknowledge that Company may contract with independent contractors to provide any and all travel related services and that Company assumes no responsibility, however caused, for injury, loss or damage to person or property in connection with any service provided by an independent contractor or resulting directly from the following: – acts of God – detention – annoyance – terrorism – thefts – pilferage – force majeure – civil disturbances – government restrictions or regulations – strikes – delays and expenses arising from quarantine – failure of any means ofconveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled – discrepancies or change in transit or hotel services over which we have no control.
17. Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement
A/Retreat and Associated Risks – I have chosen to participate in the above referenced retreat (hereinafter referred to as “the Retreat”), which is organized by Company. I understand that:
During the Retreat, I may be exposed to dangers and hazards, including equipment failures and negligence by others;
As a consequence of these risks, I may be seriously hurt or disabled or may die from the resulting injuries, and that my property may also be damaged;
Hospital facilities, qualified medical care, and emergency medical evacuation may be limited or unavailable during portions of the Retreat and, where available, may be expensive; and Company assumes no responsibility for providing medical care during the Retreat, and I will have to pay for any medical care and/or evacuation that I incur. In consideration of the permission to participate in the Retreat, I agree to the terms contained in this document.
B/ Assumption of the Risks – I hereby freely assume the above-mentioned risks and any harm, injury or loss that may occur to me or my property as a result of my participation in the Retreat, including any and all risks caused by the negligence of Company, its employees and officers, its contractors, and other retreat participants.
C/ Waiver & Release of Liability – I hereby WAIVE AND RELEASE ALL LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS against Company, its employees, officers, directors, vendors and contractors (“Released Parties”), where such LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm (foreseen or unforeseen) that occur to me or to any other person or to any property during the Retreat or are in any way related to the Retreat. This release includes, but is not limited to, claims for the negligence of the Released Parties and claims for strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities. This release does not extend to claims for gross negligence, intentional or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities Illinois law does not permit to be released by agreement. I also agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injuries, loss, or harm that occur on the Retreat.
D/Indemnification Hold Harmless and Defense – I promise to INDEMNIFY, WARRANT, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties against any and all LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS that arise from my acts or my failure to act (including my own negligence) during or relating to the Retreat. In accordance with this promise, I will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorney’s fees, that they incur because of any such claims made against them. I agree that in the event of my death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section, will be binding on my estate, and my personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them.
E/ Severability – I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable release of liability and indemnity as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Illinois law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
F/ Applicable Law, Forum, and Attorney’s Fees – This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Croatia, without any reference to its choice of law rules. I agree that any dispute arising from this Terms and Conditions or in any way associated with the Retreat shall be brought in the and I agree to the Croatian law jurisdiction and venue of those courts for any such dispute. In any litigation in which the validity or enforceability of this agreement is contested, I agree that the prevailing party will pay all attorney’s fees and costs of the parties seeking to uphold the agreement.
Early Bird Rate:
The early bird rate is only available for the number of registrations mentioned on the Event page, paid in full before the date mentioned in on the page. Both the number of early bird spots and date differ per event.
To secure your retreat booking at the regular rate we require a deposit and a balance payment by the date mentioned on the Event page. Bookings made after the due date for the balance payment need to be paid in full to secure your booking. The due date for the full payment differs per retreat.
When booking a shared room with double bed while traveling alone, we will do our best to couple you with another same-sex participant that is traveling solo too. In case this is not possible, you will be required to upgrade to a private room. People are coupled based on the order in which bookings come in.
There will be no reimbursement for any classes missed or services not used. Furthermore, all registrants participate in the classes at their own risk and must employ their own judgment as to which movements, positions, and exercises are appropriate for their level of training and experience as well as mental stability. Yoga Hrvatska reserves the right to make changes in the schedule.
- I, or anyone who could claim in my name or on my behalf, my heirs and legal representatives, do hereby voluntarily waive, release and forever discharge the organisers, from any and all liabilities for injuries, damages or death resulting from my participation in the activities during the course of this programme as outlined in the programme schedule or any activities outside of the programme and resort facility, and hold them harmless from all claims which may be brought against them for any such injuries or claims as aforesaid and all costs and expenses incidental thereto.
- I agree that organisers reserve the right to accept or kindly decline the application of a participant at any time, to make changes in the itinerary whenever reputed necessary for the comfort, convenience, and safety to all participants. In the case that the event is cancelled or postponed organisers shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of money or expenses paid by the participant if the event cannot be re-scheduled.
- I agree that organisers shall not be liable for any cost or expenses for any delay, change in schedule including but not limited to delays, missed flights, failure to comply with visa or health requirements of the city, re-scheduling, and/ or cancellations or overbooking of flights, loss, damage, or injury to property or persons including death, or expenses occasioned by any act of omission by any supplier providing services to any programme participant.
- I understand that photos and video may be utilized for communications efforts. To that end, I hereby grant the organizer permission to record the name, likeness, voice, image and/or appearance on the above referenced date or dates of me and to use and publish the pictures, video and digital images and the like without compensation, and I waive any right to inspect or to approve any project that may be created using these materials
You can cancel your booking at any time and notification must be given to Yoga Hrvatska in writing by sending an email.
You can cancel your booking at any time and notification must be given to Yoga Hrvatska in writing by sending an email.
- BOOKING Fee is NON refundable cost
- IF CANCELLING 60 DAYS OR MORE PRIOR TO RETREAT START DATE:
Payments are eligible for refunds, with the exception of the non-refundable deposits
25EUR administration fee applies to all refunds
- IF CANCELING 60 DAYS OR LESS PRIOR TO RETREAT START DATE
All payments are NOT refundable.
5% package price administration fee applies to all refunds
- There are NOrefunds available for any reason including, but not limited to: weather, natural disaster, acts of terrorism, flight delays or cancellation, health conditions; medical, personal, family, work emergencies; change of mind.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Event in all circumstances. In the unlikely event of cancellation we will refund total of the money received by each client in a maximum of 15 working days from notifying you of the cancellation.
- If the retreat is less than 8 persons capacity or less 90 days prior to the retreat start date, YOGA HRVATSKA reserves the right to cancel the event. All deposits are refundable.
- Please note that we are not responsible for any expenses or damages, either direct or consequential, incurred as a result of a trip cancellation including but not limited to preparation costs, visa costs, airline tickets, travel documents, vaccination charges, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes or any other expenses.
- We recommend you to get coverage through travel insurance for these unforeseen circumstances.
– We are renting villas, so every room may vary slightly.
– Although size & amenities may vary, ALL ROOMS TYPES ARE EQUALLY PRICED.
– If you have specific requests or needs for your room, we will do our BEST to accommodate you, however we cannot guarantee.
– ALL ROOMS ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE- so the sooner you sign up, the more likely your needs will be fulfilled.
– If you do not have a roommate you will be paired with another guest who is not yet assigned a roommate.
– You need to specify either you are booking private room or shared room or bed in some cases.
– The total cost paid is for one space on the retreat (covering room, food, transportation that is included and practice).
– YOGA HRVATSKA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or missing items.
– YOGA HRVATSKA is not responsible for airline cancelations, missed flights, or transportation issues prior to the retreat.
– VALID PASSPORT IS REQUIRED FOR OUT OF EU PARTICIPANTS
– booking deposit is non-refundable (even when prior to 61 days request for cancellation is emailed)
– Travel insurance is NOT included in the price of the retreat, and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for ultimate protection
– If you do not specify who your roommate is we will assume you are open to any guest.
-You must pay your total retreat balance 60 days prior to the retreat start date through your bank account and send us an confirmation.
Keep connecting in love.
Company Details: Yoga Hrvatska By: Yoga retreats d.o.o.
BANK DETAILS: Account holder: Yoga retreats. d.o.o.
Bank code (SWIFT / BIC): ZABAHR2X
Bank Address: TRG BANA J.JELAČIĆA 10, ZAGREB10000, CROATIA
We love our Yoga Hrvatska global community, and will do everything to make sure that your personal data is protected.
Last update: December, 2021
To make it really clear what we collect on you and how we use it, we have set it out below:
HOW WE COLLECT
- When you register for our event
- When you sign up for our newsletter
- When you get in touch with us on email
- When you engage in social media exchanges with us
- When you sign up with us at events
- When you share our content via links
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information; email address and phone number
- Residential address
- Information you give in interactions with us via email and social media
- Information from cookies; please see cookie information for more detail
- IP address of your computer or device
- The device you use (phone/laptop) to access our website
- Emergency contact person and their contact details
- Special dietary needs
- Medical needs relevant to your participation in the event
- Your yoga experience
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Completion of your registration for an event
- Engagement with you
Where you have given consent, share our monthly newsletter with you.
Use your details to show you advertising on social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook)
- Direct Marketing
For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We may use Facebook Custom Audiences to deliver advertisements to Website Visitors on Facebook based on email addresses. Facebook Custom Audiences is a tool that allows us to personalize our ads based on your website experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information with Facebook. The tool lets Yoga Hrvatska convert your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers Facebook generates from email addresses of its users.
HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with updates you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
We are careful with all the personal information you share with us and only use it for the purposes set out in this policy. We ensure that all third party platforms and services that we share your details with guarantee the security of your information.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie, pixel or tag (collectively referred to as cookies) is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps websites operate, analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have control over your personal information and how you share it.
- You can Opt-in for our newsletter and unsubscribe at any point
- You can amend the cookies on you, see Cookie description above
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 20 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we can not check if a visitor is older than 20. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this consent, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org then we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
We process your personal data through our website, Mailchimp (Newsletter) and in case you book one of our events, your details are processed through Retreat Guru (online booking platform). Both platforms meet the GDPR requirements and securely save your personal data. For their terms & conditions and privacy policies, please visit: Mailchimp
We will only use the personal data as mentioned above to keep you informed about our activities in case you specifically signed up for the newsletter through the website, or indicated on the booking form that you like to receive the newsletter by checking the appropriate box. If you don’t want to receive any communication from us, you can opt-out by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each newsletter or sending an e-mail to
Changes or removal of data
At your request, we will correct, add, remove or cover the collected data of the participant. At any time, you can request us to give you information about which of your personal data are being processed.